Sunday, July 19

Roshni-Shinning…

So this past weekend I met Roshni again…
I met this dynamic and vibrant young girl a few years ago at a mutual-friend’s b’day dinner and we hit it off right away sharing our loveee for two of the best cities in the world, Da-BOM***-city (Bombay) and of course NYC!  We totally planned to hangout after that, watch hindi-flicks and eat chaat, etc., etc., but God just didn’t cross our paths for a while. fb helped us stay connected as a few years went by and Roshni and I both went on to explore our worlds… 
Roshni became this hot-new-journalist who launched her very own magazine and I had opted for my passion for photography!

Then one day, I got an email from her… “Hey, saw your photography site - it looks amazinggg!! So I need to take some professional pictures of myself ... And of course, random ones I take at parties wont do.”

I was STOKED!!!  We set up a day to meet up at her apartment to shoot. I endedup taking my most reliable assistant along, my mother. So as Roshni and I shot around her apartment and courtyard, our mothers bonded over a cup of chai and talked about (typical*) potential suitors for their daughters! The entertaining conversations went by way too fast and pretty soon, we were done.  As nervous as I was with the lack-of professional lighting and dim indoors and Roshni’s gift to blinking in almost every other photo, we actually did good and had a BLAST doing it!
By the end of the shoot, we discovered another thing we had in common -- cool, young & hip moms!

I was blessed to have the opportunity to photograph this newly-formed-Journalist Bombshell – Check out RoshniMagazine(dot)com and be sure to drop by Roshni's blog and treat yourself to some fabulous interviews.

Rosh, I have no doubt that your gonna continue to rock the magazine and go on to do some amazing things in the industry… Stay sweet and don’t forget to call me to shoot your first print cover!

     Roshni-4 Roshni-1 Roshni-5 Roshni-6  Roshni-2 Roshni-8 Roshni-9 Roshni-7Roshni-3   

 

2 comments: